General Refinishing/Re-glazing Process
The general refinishing process is as follows; with some variations that will depend on the original surface that we will be working on:
- An excellent result depends on the preparation process.
- We pre-treat the original surface by chemically cleaning and etching it.
- Any required repairs of rust, cracked tiles, chips or scratches are made.
- We mask the areas that will not be refinished.
- The following step is the spraying of a special primer which acts like a bonding agent that we let stand for 10-15 minutes before applying the final refinishing coats. This is a polyurethane acrylic type of material that has a high gloss finish and is very durable.
- A powerful exhaust system is put into place to vent fumes to the outside.
- Our service will also include the removal of old caulking and putting new after refinishing is done.
- Your fixtures will be completely dry in just 24 hours.
- The materials used are top-of-the-line quality. That is the reason why we can offer you a lifetime warranty on most of our services.
- The result is a smooth glossy finish that will stay looking great for years and is easy to maintain.